Ceviche of salmon
- 1 small side of organic, very fresh salmon
- 4 limes or lemons (this is really down to personal taste)
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tbsp parsley or dill, finely chopped
- 3 shallots or red onions, finely sliced
Start by slicing the salmon lengthways really thinly to make the ceviche – just like they do
with smoked salmon.
Lay it all out in a shallow tray and squeeze the lemon or lime juice all over the fish. Sprinkle liberally with pepper, then with a little sea salt and leave for 30 minutes.
The acid in the juice will cook the fish – you will see it go opaque almost immediately.
To serve the ceviche, lay the slices of fish on a platter and sprinkle with olive oil, baby capers and parsley or dill. I like the crunch of raw, very finely sliced shallots or red onions sprinkled randomly about.
Simple but classy.