To celebrate one of Britain's best institutions, The Field is looking for Britain's best Agas. Enter our Aga competition today, entries close 3 January 2017
Enter The Field’s Aga competition today to celebrate one of Britain’s best institutions. If you have an Aga as old as the house, an animal that loves to toast its paws or a recipe requested time and again which uses the Aga as its secret ingredient, we want to hear from you.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org to be in with a chance of winning a set of Aga cookware or a £150 voucher for the Aga Cookshop. Entries close 3 January 2017.
THE FIELD’S AGA COMPETITION
No rural kitchen is complete without an Aga. They heat the house as well as supper, dry sodden tweed and are a savvy gundog’s “spot”. Post-sporting evenings would be less convivial, and much chillier, without them.
To celebrate one of Britain’s best institutions, The Field is looking for Britain’s best Agas. If you have a vintage model as old as the brick and mortar, an animal permanently snuggled up at its foot or an Aga recipe that rivals Mary Berry’s, we want to hear from you.
Enter your Aga to be in with a chance of winning a set of Aga cookware or a £150 voucher for the Aga Cookshop. Enter as many categories and as many times as you wish. Entries close 3 January 2017.
COMPETITION CATEGORIES AND HOW TO ENTER
Are you cooking on the same Aga as your great grandmother or did you inherit an Aga as old as the house? If your Aga still takes solid fuel, or has been converted and produces ever-unpredictable temperatures but still makes the best shepherds pie, send us a picture of your Aga in its setting along with a short paragraph on its history.
Is your dog permanently toasting its paws by the Aga? Have you revived a premature lamb or incubated duck eggs in the warming oven? Send us a picture of your Aga animal in its favourite spot with a short paragraph about your animal and why they love the Aga.
Do you have a recipe that only really does well in an Aga? Something supper guests request on repeat? Is the Aga your secret ingredient? Whether it is a nursery pudding, game stew or something unexpected, make a claim to Britain’s best Aga recipe. Send us a picture of the finished dish, your recipe and a short paragraph about how you created it.
Send your entries and photographs by email to email@example.com or by post to The Field, Pinehurst 2, Pinehurst Road, Farnborough Business Park, Farnborough, Hampshire GU15 7BF. You may enter each category as many times as you wish.
THE FIELD’S AGA COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter of the competition (“Competition”) is Time Inc. (UK) Ltd (“TIUK“) which has its registered offices located at Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SU and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 53626.
- There will be three (3) winners of the Competition (“Winners”).
- The Winners will win the following: (i) one (1) set of Aga cookware in pheasant textiles design to include one (1) apron, two (2) gauntlets, two (2) chef’s pads, one (1) pot grab and two (2) tea towels; or (ii) one hundred and fifty pounds (£150.00) worth of Aga Cookshop vouchers (the “Prize“).
- To enter the Competition, entrants (“Entrant“) must submit their entry by the following methods:
- Online: Go to thefield.co.uk (the “Competition Website”), complete an entry form and follow the instructions provided. Entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By post: Complete an entry form provided in November 2016 issue of The Field magazine and follow the instructions provided. Entries should be submitted to The Field, Pinehurst 2, Pinehurst Road, Farnborough Business Park, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 7BF.
Entrants must submit an entry form and a photograph (“Entry Content”) in any of the three (3) categories of the Competition as per the instructions on the Competition Website and in the magazine.
- The Winners are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the Prize.
- Your entry into the Competition (“Entry“) is not dependent on any purchase.
- Competition will open on the 20 October 2016 and the closing date is 23.59 the on 3 January 2017.
- Entrants may submit an unlimited number of entries in one or more of the three Competition categories. All entries will become the property of TIUK. TIUK accepts no responsibility for entries unsuccessfully submitted to the email address above.
- The Competition is open to residents in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland) aged eighteen (18) or over, excluding employees and past employees of TIUK, their printers and agents and anyone materially connected to the administration of the Competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- By submitting an Entry, the Entrant undertakes that nothing in the Entry Content is defamatory, sexually explicit, contains any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent, is derogatory of any ethnic or racial group, promotes any particular political agenda or message, reveals any personal information including names, email addresses or street addresses, or is otherwise offensive or illegal.
- TIUK shall retain full editorial control of the Entry Content and reserves the right to suspend, postpone or cancel the publication of the Entry Content at its sole and absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever. For the avoidance of doubt, TIUK shall have full control and flexibility on the time period for publication of the Entry Content.
- By submitting an Entry, Entrants hereby grant to TIUK and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliated and joint venture companies (“Group Companies”) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable and perpetual licence to use, sub-license, reproduce, modify, amend, adapt, copy, transmit, broadcast, publish, create derivative works from, display, archive (digitally and in hard copy), or delete the Entry Content (including, without limitation, the photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering the competition or any statement made by you concerning the competition) in whole or in part, and to incorporate it singly or collectively into other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including but not limited to, for promotional or marketing purposes and secondary productions. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this means that the Entrants name, location and Entry Content may be displayed online and posted across TIUK’s and its Group Companies’ publishing platforms, social media platforms and promotional or marketing materials.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of TIUK and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, all moral rights in any Entry Content to which Entrants are, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
- Participants can only enter the Competition by email or by post. Entry made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible or indecipherable will not be valid and will be deemed void.
- Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Competition. By submitting an Entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Competition will be drawn by 1 February 2017 (“Draw Date“) and will be supervised by an independent observer. Unless stated otherwise, the Winners will be drawn at random from all correct entries received on or before the closing date stated above.
- The Winners will be notified by email only between the 2 February 2017 and the 28 February 2017.
- The Prize will be dispatched by TIUK via registered post within 30 days of the Winners providing the TIUK with their UK postal address.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Winners. If the Winners cannot be contacted within 7 calendar days, or if the Winners are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, TIUK reserves the right to offer the Prize to the runner(s)-up supervised by an independent observer.
- The decision of TIUK is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and these terms and conditions and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Failure to respond to information requested by TIUK, failure to provide a valid UK address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
- The Prize is as stated and is not transferable to another individual. No cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the Prize supplier’s terms and conditions.. TIUK accepts no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the Prize being withdrawn. In the event of the Prize being unavailable, TIUK reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- TIUK reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the [Competition] where it becomes necessary to do so.
- TIUK also reserves the right to cancel individual Entries without liability to affected participants where such Entries do not (in the opinion of TIUK) enter into the spirit of the Competition or if the security or proper administration of the Competition or the validity of an Entry is adversely affected. In the event of cancellation, termination or suspension, TIUK may, at its discretion, select a winner from eligible, non-suspect or unaffected Entries, received prior to the event requiring such cancellation, termination or suspension.
- The Winners agree to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by TIUK relating to any post-winning publicity.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material, the details in these standard terms and conditions shall prevail.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.