The Gordon Castle Country Fair and Highland Games will take place on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 May. And we are giving you the chance to win two gold tickets worth £40 each to the Games. Just answer the simple question below. Competition closes 28 April.
The Highland Games are expanding this year and we are giving you the chance to enjoy them in luxury with two gold tickets. Gold tickets to the Gordon Castle Country Fair and Highland Games are worth £40 each and include:
- Entry ticket
- VIP parking close to the entrance
- All day access to the Members’ Hospitality Tent with priority views of the Country Sports Arena
- Access to members’ area priority viewing of Highland Games arena
- Complimentary Gordon Castle gin and tonic
- Complimentary programme
- Complimentary light refreshments and soft drinks
- Free entry to Gordon Castle for luxury tea and cake
GORDON CASTLE COUNTRY FAIR AND HIGHLAND GAMES
The Highland Games have taken place at Gordon Castle since Edwardian times. By the late 1920s the Gordon Castle Highland Games had become synonymous with world record breaking escapades in the heavy events and was an unmissable fixture in the Highland Games calendar. However by the 1930’s crippling death duties forced the sale of Gordon Castle and the Highland Games became a memory. But in 2011 the Games were ambitiously revived and have been an annual event ever since.
For 2017 the Highland Games are expanding to two days. Saturday’s fair will step back in time to pay homage to the castle’s heydey. Focusing on traditional skills, dress, music and agriculture from 1900s – 1940s, the day will including rare breeds, heavy horses and none other than the amazing racing pigs. Complete with the brand new vintage village and speakeasy session, the Saturday will also include a charity ‘We’re a Knockout’ competition, in collaboration with Moray Licensed Traders, raising money for Alzheimers Scotland.
Sunday’s fair will see the return of the traditional Highland Games and, for the first time, there will be the Scottish 28lb Weight for Distance championships. There will also be terrier racing, gun dog displays, falconry and – new for 2017 – the amazing racing pigs.
For full details on the Gordon Castle Country Fair and Highland Games, please visit their website.
To enter the competition, please answer this simple question below:
Competition closes Friday 28 April 2017.
Terms and conditions
The Field Highland Games Tickets Giveaway Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the competition is Time Inc. (UK) Ltd (“Promoter“), which has its registered offices located at the Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SU, United Kingdom and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 53626.
- There will be one (1) winner of this competition. The winner will win the following prize: two (2) x Gold Tickets to the Highland Games including VIP parking close to the entrance, entry tickets, all day access to the Members’ Hospitality Tent with priority views of the Country Sports Arena, access to members’ area priority viewing of Highland Games arena, a free Gordon Castle gin and tonic, complimentary programme, complimentary light refreshments and soft drinks and free entry to Gordon Castle for luxury tea and cake (the “Prize“).
- The winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- This competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- This competition is open to residents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged eighteen (18) or over with access to the internet, excluding employees and past employees of Promoter, its printers and agents and anyone materially connected to the administration of this competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- This competition will run on thefield.co.uk.
- To enter this competition, you must choose the correct answer to a question and submit the answer along with your contact details as per the instructions on the competition
- The Competition will open on 10 April 2017 and the closing date is 23.59 GMT on 28 April 2017.
- You can only enter this competition online, via the link to the competition website specified above. Entry made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Only one (1) entry per person may be submitted. All entries will become the property of Promoter and will not be returned. Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries unsuccessfully submitted.
- Entries must be made directly by the person entering this competition. By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these Competition Terms.
- The winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date. The decision of Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- The Winner will be notified by email on or before 5 May 2017. Prizes will be dispatched on or before
8 May 2017 by first class post.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days, or if the winner is unable to comply with these Competition Terms, Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that this competition is being judged, to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Failure to respond and/or provide information requested, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize supplier’s terms and conditions. The prize is as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the prize being withdrawn. In the event of the prize being unavailable, Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Promoter reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of this competition. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of its employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If you are a winner of this competition, you agree that Promoter may use your name, photograph and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes, and you agree to co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these Competition Terms and the details in the promotional material, the details in the promotional material shall prevail.
- These Competition Terms will be governed by English Law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.